We're an experienced, professional farming couple seeking a farm to operate our successful family-oriented nature and arts programs. My husband is an experienced landscaper, farmer and property management professional with 25+ years of experience in indoor and outdoor property management, tree work, plowing, planting, property maintenance and much more. We are looking for housing and farm acreage to grow and sell, offer CSAs, do family arts and nature programming, and/or wilderness preschool.
As the lead Farm Manager, Christopher will oversee, maintain and manage all aspects of land care and maintenance. Wendy will have the primary responsibility of the planning, coordination and implementation of all work and activities at farm including marketing, record keeping, community outreach, event planning, farm-to-table events, educational workshops, family programming and more. Christopher has over 30 years of hands-on experience, working as Garden Center Manager for more than 10 years, running his own lawn care company for 10 years and for the last 20 years has worked in property management for a locla municipality.
Wendy, as the business manager, will draw on her fifteen years of executive experience including five years in banking, seven years in marketing and ten years of experience in running community children and family programs. Their passion for organic eating and healthy living was born out of a lifestyle change after Wendy was diagnosed with a very rare and aggressive type of breast cancer in 2015. Now five years cancer-free, Wendy advocates for a healthful lifestyle by eating a mostly chemical-free diet, educating herself and others in eating locally grown food, and living an active, healthy lifestyle.
Their combined qualifications include the following:
- 10 years of land care experience
- 10 years as a landscape business owner
- 10 years as a family-focused business owner
- 7 years in marketing farm-related content
- 5 years in backyard farming, 1 year in organic farming
Christopher’s skills include:
- Managing labor teams and quality control
- Communicating effectively between management and production teams
- Planning, evaluating, and organizing plant production schedule
- Maintaining updated plant inventory
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures regarding building and lawn maintenance, chemical applications, equipment and machinery
Wendy’s skills include:
- CT Nofa Certified in Organic Land Care (To be completed in 2020)
- ServSafe® Certification (To be completed 5/31/2020)
- Meticulous attention to detail, innovative, proactive approach
- Positive attitude, high energy, strong leadership
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to motivate others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Building and maintaining strong relationships within the community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As hands-on, entrepreneurial, creative leaders, the Mitchells provide operational excellence through inspiring leadership, outstanding team development, and thoughtful financial management of the business.