1. The Connecticut FarmLink website has been developed by the Connecticut Department of Agriculture, in partnership with Connecticut Farmland Trust. Connecticut Farmland Trust and the Department of Agriculture are not involved in real estate listing, brokerage or sales activities. Connecticut Farmland Trust does not represent buyers or sellers of properties and is not affiliated with buyers or sellers (or their representatives) which list, advertise, sell or rent properties. Connecticut Farmland Trust and the Department of Agriculture do not receive any real estate commissions before, during or after any transactions directly related to this site.
2. As a user of this website, you expressly agree that the use of, and browsing of this website is at your own risk. Connecticut Farmland Trust and the Department of Agriculture are not liable for any direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use the Connecticut FarmLink website or any linked site. The Connecticut Farmland Trust the Department of Agriculture are not responsible for the accuracy of the information posted by others on the ConnecticutFarmLink website (ctfarmlink.org) nor for the content and representations of any third party websites you link to through this website. The Connecticut Farmland Trust is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by farmers and landowners using the site to post their profiles. Connecticut FarmLink may allow third parties to post advertisements on this website. Any such advertisements are not an endorsement of the product or services advertised therein.
3. When you create a listing, you certify that the information is to the best of your knowledge accurate and complete and is made in good faith for the purpose of participating in Connecticut FarmLink. If it comes to our attention that the information you provide is not accurate and complete, we reserve the right to remove your profile listing from the site. In general, Connecticut Farmland Trust and the Department of Agriculture have the right to discontinue your participation in Connecticut FarmLink at any time for any reason whatsoever.
4. When you create a profile listing and submit it for viewing on the Connecticut FarmLink site, you do hereby agree to release and hold harmless Connecticut FarmLink, Connecticut Farmland Trust, the Department of Agriculture, and all partners and agree to indemnify and defend each of them from any and all claims, costs, suits, actions, judgments and expenses, including attorneys’ and experts’ fees, that may occur in connection with provision or dissemination of such information by Connecticut FarmLink. In addition, by creating and submitting a profile, you are giving Connecticut FarmLink permission to post your information on its website. It is your responsibility to communicate with Connecticut FarmLink if you are no longer interested in participating in the listing program.
5. ConnecticutFarmLink is limited to providing information and facilitating the connection of farm enterprises with farmland owners. It cannot guarantee a successful farmland-farmer match and is released from responsibility for any loss, damage or injury that may occur as a result of inquiries and meetings.
6. While Connecticut Farmland Trust and the Department of Agriculture may provide advice and assistance to farmers and landowners, every participant in a farm transaction should consult with the appropriate licensed professionals, (generally an attorney, realtor, and/or accountant) to verify that the transaction and/or any legal documents are meeting that participant’s needs and expectations.
7. If you post a profile to this site, you agree to comply with applicable laws, including but not limited to those prohibiting discriminatory preferences based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, or handicap/disability. The Fair Housing Act provides additional protections, and limited exceptions, that are explained in publications from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD") and the Department of Justice.
8. We reserve the right to exclude discriminatory or objectionable content. We also reserve the right to exclude profile listing requests and to remove listings for any reason in accordance with the spirit of our work. Connecticut Farmland Trust and the Department of Agriculture will not provide resources or in any way assist in an operation that produces or seeks to produce crops that are illegal under federal law.